Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 11 update

Yesterday I met with the anaesthesiologist at the hospital where I'm being banded, so thats another appointment ticked off the list, he said everything was good to go!

Today I had my endoscopy which all went well, doctor said my stomach was perfect, fine and dandy to be operated on. the light anaesthetic they put me under was easy peasy, i was a bit worried about it as I havn't had one before, but it was really quite pleasent, i felt a little tingle in my head after the doctor gave me the shot ..... then nothing, i was waking up in another room:-)

on the pre-surgery diet front, today is day 11 and i weighed myself on the surgeons scales after my endoscopy, and I have lost 6 kgs:-) woohoo

3 comments:

to b ME said...

hey Katie,
thanks for following my blog :) Glad to hear u have decided to go ahead with the surgery! good for u! i too will be banded next year after july when iam approved for cover from NIB! so when is the BIG DAY? u r doing great on the shake diet...thats the scary part for me... and 6kgs down WELL DONE :> have u read my blogs? hope u r happy and well and good luck... will keep reading to see how ur journey is going

nikki

Unknown said...

6 kilos! Great work! Thats brilliant!

Katie said...

thanks for your support ladies, not long to go now for me, only 4 days till THE DAY:-)